Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Keep moving forward.

As most of you know, my family and I love Disney World and really just Disney in general.

But what most of you probably do NOT know is that, two weeks ago, I applied for the Disney College Program. To be completely honest, I didn't expect anything more than a confirmation email thanking me for my interest in the program, which did, in fact, arrive moments after I submitted my application.

Amazingly though, my application went through quickly and I received further correspondence less than an hour following the confirmation email. From there, I stuttered and stammered through two interviews and was informed that within a couple weeks they would reach a final verdict as to whether or not I would be accepted into the program. 

The momentum and excitement from the sheer thought of being accepted had me incredibly anxious, and what had originally seemed like it would be a short lapse of time became an agonizing waiting game. I scanned through various blogs (and vlogs) regarding the program, students who had waits of up to three months before hearing anything. Some were placed on a waitlist for months only to be rejected, and some even claimed to have never heard anything at all. Talk about psyching yourself out.

For the past several days, I've kept my phone and/or laptop fully charged and within arm's reach at all times, constantly checking my email. Despite being completely unproductive during that period of time, I did manage to achieve a few things:

- The Disney College Program dashboard rocketed into my top visited sites in Google Chrome. 

- I changed the settings on my iPhone to consistently check for email on a half-hour basis (In hindsight, probably not great on my data plan...). 

- And I pressed the F5 key on my keyboard so many times that it is no longer functional.

So, the moment you've all been waiting for... 

...okay, the moment that I've been waiting for and am going to rave about...


ACCEPTED BABY!

Just one week, exactly seven days (not months, hallelujah) after my second interview. Yes, yes, it was indeed a good day in the life of David. And in the end, we all lived happily ever after. 

I am so incredibly thrilled and humbled and honored by the whole situation. And slightly ticked that all those previous applicants forced me into a state of panic. Although, to the guy whose video introduction involved headbanging to the Mickey Mouse Club theme song...keep doing what you're doing, man. That's a level of magic that not many can achieve.

I tell this emotional rollercoaster triumph of a story to say, God is good. So very good. 

I could never stress enough how incredibly undeserving I am of the blessings in my life, but this...all this you read above, that's all Him. I could not have done anything, would not be where I am today without His grace and, more importantly, His love.

I plan to write a lot more in these months to come. I'll try to blog my journey from college student to Cast Member and hopefully provide a less scary take on the program. As Mick would say, see ya real soon!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

- Walt Disney