Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Know it all.

Be warned: rant ahead.

No turning back.

Seriously.

Okay, you asked for it.

I don't know everything about everything. To be honest, I don't know much about anything. This should come as no surprise. But there are a few things of which I am confidently and wholly sure of. One of these is that you should never make any statement, comment, and/or vaguely accusatory interjection about someone you do not know. Basically, it's bad to gossip and start rumors about someone.

And by someone, I mean me.

Facebook, much like Foosball, is of the devil, so naturally, that's where this drama is all spawning from. Initially, I decided to ignore it, but I've slowly felt more and more compelled to address it.

For Valentine's Day, I decided to purchase my beautiful girlfriend of 3 months a ring. She loves Amethyst (that's the purple one for you guys like me whose color knowledge of gems begins and ends with diamonds), so I got her a reasonable-sized, affordable ring, and surprised her with it. I'm precious. I know.

She loved it, I loved that she loved it, happy happy, yes? Yes...until it went on Facebook, the digital love child of gossip and drama.

Granted, several of my close friends and family said several happy, kindhearted things about it and made me smile. But rather unfortunately, this led to some vague but bold comments and messages suggesting, with a negative connotation, that I had proposed. Not to mention, there have been people blowing my phone and my mother's phone (Which, seriously? I'm not even gonna go there.) to give their two cents worth and/or expressing their offense to being excluded from this announcement.

Again, at first, I overlooked all this, but then, I thought about it, and it's really none of their business.

My life is, by all intents and purposes, my life. I care about what [a select group of] people think, yes. But before I make any decisions, ESPECIALLY one of that caliber, God's is and always will be the only opinion I care about. 

If you want to know something about me, ask. If I feel comfortable telling you whatever it is you want to know, I'll tell you. But don't, for the love of my sanity, start some left-field rumor in a public forum based on a few pictures and a hunch.

I may not know it all, but I do know that's just not right.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment