Thursday, August 26, 2010

Maze. (2008)

I salvaged this from an old bunch of notes I wrote back in the day, and while I wrote it a few years ago, I feel like it's still very relevant in my life and the lives of others.

It's not terribly profound, but for me, it's nostalgic. Thus, I will share it:

Maze.

That's basically a one-word summary of life. It gets confusing having so many paths to take, and at times, you don't know whether the path you're on is where you should or shouldn't be. With all the confusion, we tend to stray until eventually we end up lost and feel like giving back up. But thankfully, we'll always have a Guide to get us back on track.


Proverbs 11:14 says...


"For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisors make victory sure."

I personally had to embrace this guidance because lately I've been just accepting life's crap without a fight. And really? It was working for me. Because by allowing my self to just brush aside everything that happens made me numb. Killing my senses removes the shock, removes the pain. No worries.


But I'm not gonna let it anymore. My reaction to hearing someone cussing or lying may be deemed "dramatic" or an overreaction, but it's who I am. As a person, and as a Christian. And if my reaction is truly bothering someone...that's just a little thing called conviction.


And it's a good first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment