Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How's Life? (August 2010 Edition)

Unfortunately, with college starting this week, an insane work schedule, and my general lack of focus, I'm finding myself unable to write about each individual experience I have. Nonetheless, I have found a solution...

Yet another list.

1. As I've already mentioned several times, I started college this week. Initially, I was terrified. I didn't know where anything was, some of my classes are the size of my graduating class, and it was really freaking hot outside. Luckily, there were MANY sweaty, disoriented Freshmen even worse off than me. That made me feel alot better about myself.

The verdict? I really, really like college.

2. My friends and I went on a road trip to Carowinds as a back-to-school celebration of sorts. It was the farthest I've ever driven unaccompanied by an adult, and it was probably one of the most fun experiences I've ever had. I learned that South Carolina policemen are horribly intimidating, and I discovered that rollercoasters are a heck of alot more exciting when they're not built by Dolly Parton.

3. I'm trying a new approach to Bible devotions as suggested by my Sunday School teacher, and I have to admit, it's a moving experience. At times, I'll read a passage and it will be rather irrelevant, and then other times, the words on the page seem to have been written specifically for me.

I'm constantly being reminded how good God is, and how amazing it is that He loves me.

Welp, that sums up the last week or two. I'll try to make sure my blog isn't always like this, all listy and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment