Thursday, September 2, 2010

All up in my business.

Schedules are typically feared, rigidly followed, and practically sacred. At least, that's how it's always been for me.

But recently, I've been trying this go-with-the-flow approach to life, and I have to say, it's working for me pretty well. Instead of avoiding making plans so I have down time, I purposely eliminate as much down time as I can. Oddly enough? Being overscheduled rocks.

I know, I know. This will be short lived, I'm spreading myself too thin, I'll regret it in the long run, yada yada yada. Maybe I will...but maybe I won't. I realize most people don't react to being extremely busy in a positive manner, even temporarily. But I also realize that I'm not like most people.

Naysayers (you know who you are), I appreciate your concern, but this works for me.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, and Montel may have brainwashed you into thinking you should turn down plans if they're too much for you to handle, but I'm saying don't. I may not have a TV show, a clan of groupies, or a bangin' weave, but hear me out. New experiences are priceless, and you're not going to gain any new experiences if you're constantly living in fear of the clock.

Just this week, try saying yes to everything...except drugs, hookers, and anything else that's illegal. Looking back, you'll be surprised how much you've done, how much you've experienced in seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment