Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He sent me searching...

For the first time in several months, I decided to flip through the infinite collection of blogs here on Blogspot.

After about the 30th page, I started to pick up on a pattern. When you look into the raw content of each blog, you'll either find a young mother or father raving about how wonderful and beautiful their child is, an aspiring artist or musician trying to get their work noticed, or you'll find the rest of us. The ones who are just trying to find their place in this crazy world.

Honestly, half of the posts I took the time to read through were confused or curious people, of all ages, searching for something. Whether they were reading the Bible, traveling around the country, or just simply trying to think clearly for a change, all of them simply wanted direction. A purpose.

I guess it really caught my attention because they were all just like me. Well, not the old woman living in an RV with 14 cats and a python, but most of them were like me. We all have a place in this world, and we all have to find it. Some of us, myself included, are having quite a time trying to find it, but regardless, we've gotta keep searching.

"God is waiting eagerly to respond with new strength to each little act of self-control, small disciplines of prayer, feeble searching after Him."

- Richard Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment