Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sleep Deprivation and You.

It's one thing to be lacking free time or spending money.

Lacking Oxygen or vital nutrients?

Eh, you'll live.

But sleep....sleep, I have determined, is necessary to function, and the lack thereof will result in your eminent death and/or a general feeling of crappiness. In that order, quite possibly.

I know this because for the past 7 months I've been rising up at 6 and falling, rather abruptly, at 11. Granted, waking up might not be as difficult if I wasn't going straight from my bed to Calculus. Yes, Calculus. The most ridiculous mathematics course ever created, or imagined, or scribbled on a napkin while drunk at Crusty's Tavern off east Magnolia. The latter, I'm certain, was how it came to be.

Newton should be shot. If he was still alive, I would shoot him. Does anyone know the ramifications for shooting someone who's already dead? If so, please let me know.

Honestly though, for the past four years, I've worked my tail off to get to where I am now. To take this imaginary Calculus course in hopes of impressing some swank college.

And you know what? It's paying off.

That just goes to show that a little intelligence and alot of praying can take you places. Places that you never even considered going to...or ever thought you could.

No comments:

Post a Comment