Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Purpose of Creation.

In every man’s life, there is a motivating force inside him which drives the movement of his spirit. Each man has his own variation of this entity which is defined by what his spirit individually perceives as pleasant or good. This driving force which moves the spirit is known as the amor, and the movement of the spirit itself is known by some men, like Dante Alighieri, the author of Dante's Inferno, as the Moto Spiritale. The amor works like fuel, the Moto Spiritale the engine.

Personally, my amor is embedded in my position as a Christian. As an adopted child of God, I am spiritually motivated through the reading of Christ’s word, the Bible, and through the knowledge of my religious leaders such as my pastor. The act of attending church alone does not provide me with any sort of divine progression, but the sermon, the message itself, is what fuels my spirit and my love of Christ.

Naturally, my spirit moves towards these teachings and yearns to become one with Christ. I believe, in a way, my Moto Spiritale is similar to that of Dante, but mine is far less rooted in philosophy and more focused on Biblical principles. However, Dante’s perspective remains unquestionably accurate in my own personal experience as my spirit seeks to be one with its Creator.

This, I am certain, was and is the purpose of its creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment