Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mother of the Year.

So, as much as I hate writing two blogs in a row about my job, it's happening.

Work is usually fast-paced around noon since that's when everyone is breaking for lunch, but occasionally, we get a few minutes of down time to clean up and restock. Today, we had one of those breaks and quickly took advantage of it, but our break was cut short by a very vocal customer.

You see, we have an overhead speaker that allows our kitchen crew to get a jump start on whatever is being ordered in the drive-thru. The speaker works exceptionally well. At times, it works too well. This was one of those times:

Drive-Thru Attendant:  "It's a great day at Chick-fil-A! How may I serve you?"

Vocal Customer:  (over the loud speaker) "Hi! Yes, I would like...WOULD YOU TWO SHUTUP?!?"

Attendant:  "Ma'am?"

Customer:  "I'm sorry. Yes, I would like two #3 combos and a #1 with no pickle."

Attendant:  "Alright, is there anything else I can get you?"

Customer:  "Um...I think we'll also get a...YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU'LL GET NOTHING!"

Attendant:  (stifling a laugh)

Customer:  "SIT YOUR BUTT DOWN!"


I didn't get the rest of the conversation. I was laughing too hard.