Thursday, September 16, 2010

Opportunity.

With college now running at full capacity, it's safe to assume that when I'm not on campus, I'm at home staring at a textbook, or as is the case this week, staring at one of many blank Word documents.

I've been writing nonstop for the past three days and will continue writing for the remainder of the week. I'm honestly surprised that carpal tunnel hasn't set in yet. Typically, I shudder at the thought of homework, but it's different when I'm writing. Expressing myself through words is kinda my thing.

Granted, I'm not too keen on devoting ALL of my time to it, but it's definitely better than Calculus.

Following the this week's theme of big changes, I made the big decision to change my major to Journalism. To complement that decision, I applied for a job as a writer on my university's newspaper staff. I landed the job, not because of my charming disposition alone. It was actually this blog that helped catch their attention.

This is all very sudden, very new to me, and it will take some getting used to, but finally, I think I have some direction in my life. I believe that, for now, this is what God has for me. He's opened the doors, and I'm going through them.

I don't know how long it will last, if it lasts. Heck, this may turn out be just a small stepping stone in my life. There may be something totally different out there waiting, but in the end, I can truly say I'm thankful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment