Sunday, September 12, 2010

Connections. (2005)

I was going through my old notes and essays again today, and lucky for me, I found yet another note I felt was blogworthy. This is the second one of my retro posts from the late middle school to early high school days. If you can get past my forced diction and overly dramatic tone, it's not half bad.

Connections.

I've recently learned you never lose a connection; it just dissapates into a frail shadow of it's former self. When friends drift apart, the friendship still exists, but it's hidden. Hidden under misunderstood anger, grudges, and unresolved conflict.

But in recalling the past, when life was good and the friendship was strong, the connection heals. It is reborn with an even stronger structure, and an awkward peace returns. As if something was missing all along, that you simply ignored and continued life without. I know, first hand, that ignoring it is a major mistake.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes it's okay to dwell on the past. Because sometimes...it's the only way to fix the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment