At long last, the glorious season of Summer has returned to me, and believe me, I gave it a sweaty, sunburned hug to welcome it back.
Two days ago, I got back from the much anticipated trip to Disney World I was raving about. Fortunately, it lived up to my expectations, even exceeded them at times. The majority of the trip was smooth sailing. Everyone was agreeable, the rides had short lines, and life was grand. Granted, there were a few setbacks...
The sun raged in the sky everyday like an enormous, extremely shiny tyrant, but honestly, what do you expect from Florida? Needless to say, the heat made tempers flare, and at times, I was certain that I would witness the first murder to ever take place at the Walt Disney Resort. Despite the onslaught of complaining and exaggerated physical agony, we managed to keep it together.
Looking back, all of us made it back alive, and some of us are still friends. So, we'll call it a success.
Below are a collaboration of our group's favorite memories from the trip. Naturally, we didn't all agree on them, but I managed to get a general idea of the top attractions.
1) Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
2) Rockin' Rollercoaster (Hollywood Studios)
3) The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (Hollywood Studios)
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Test Track (Epcot)
1) Mickey's Philharmagic (Magic Kingdom)
2) Beauty and the Beast (Hollywood Studios)
3) Indiana Jones (Hollywood Studios)
- Finding Nemo: The Musical (Animal Kingdom)
- Muppet Vision 3D (Hollywood Studios)
1) Wolfgang Puck's (Downtown Disney)
2) Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
3) Flame Tree Barbeque (Animal Kingdom)
- Lotus Blossom Cafe (Epcot)
- Pizza Planet (Hollywood Studios)
Ride - it's a small world (Magic Kingdom)
Show - The Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Hollywood Studios)
Restaurant - Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom)
Parks (Best to Worst)
1) Hollywood Studios
2) Magic Kingdom
3) Animal Kingdom