Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring.

It's actually warm outside.

How'd that happen? Two weeks ago, I was in layers, and now I feel like donning my shorts and a t-shirt.

I'm not complaining, though. This has been one of the longest, coldest winters that I've ever had the "joy" of experiencing. For the first time in my life, I don't feel like I was jipped of snow, sleet, ice, or any other type of school-closing weather. Our area got a good mix of all of it, and for that, I am happy.

Although, on the first genuinely warm day, I had to drive 200 miles to the freaking auto dealership to get mud guards on my car. Don't get me wrong, I love anything remotely related to pimping my ride, but sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours? Not so much.

What was even better about my trip was that in the checkout line, I was accosted by a derranged man who felt he needed to share every interesting fact he'd ever learned to the group of complete strangers standing in line.

Looking over at my car that I so desperately wanted to get the keys to, he informed me that my car was voted one of the worst named cars of all time because it was spelled "Koup" instead of "Coupe". Because God forbid Koreans take any liberties with the naming of their automobiles.

But seriously? THAT is what you felt an overwhelming desire to tell me?

I just shrugged and muttered, "I honestly don't care, so can you just finish so I can pick up my poorly named car and leave? Thanks."

I blame my outbursts on the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment