Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One of those days.

Today, waking up was so totally worth it.

The Kia Forte Koup I was fawning over? It's in my garage now. Figuratively...

...technically, it's in my driveway where I park, but still. It's within 25 feet of my house and for that I am most certainly happy. I drove it around today, and called people via Bluetooth for absolutely no reason at all. My best friend and I took a mostly unneccessary trip to Walmart to prolong actually getting out of the car. Actually, each time I entered or exited the vehicle, I sat for about five minutes in silence with the engine off. Just dwelling on the fact that it's mine. MY car.

Honestly, I prayed at the beginning of this week that God would somehow bless me and remind me why I bother getting out of bed everyday, and remind me why I should try my hardest, and remind me that life isn't all guns and sadness. I asked Him to specifically show me why I should give a crap. I did. Seriously.

And He reminded me. All of a sudden I realized how much I appreciate my friends, my family, how much I appreciate my new car, and even to an EXTREMELY limited extent how I appreciate my school.

Once again, I am reminded that I am so so unbelievably blessed. Dang, He's good...

No comments:

Post a Comment